Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bits and Pieces

 I picked this up for 50c and wondered if I could make a useful chair from it lol well I thought it was worth trying.
 I found some self adhesive backboard at officeworks and decided to make a wee blackboard for the kids room... I also wanted tiny chalk so I could write and draw on it lol .....which I did for an entire afternoon....Im easily amused some days ;)well to get the tiny chalk I rolled full sized chalk over sandpaper until I had a huge pile of chalk dust and a little piece of chalk.I also made a tiny duster from some grey felt :)
 This is the chair from the first pic, when I removed all the tissy bits I tried in vane to remove the white paint.I gave up on that but have decided that the back was too open so am weaving more into it with kitchen string.As far as I can tell I have two options one is to repaint it when Ive finished the weaving or to attempt to stain it all ......still havent made up my mind on that ;)
I found this clock? at my recycle center ...again 50c lets see what I can do with it ,,,,its about 1 1/2 inches high so quite large in scale ....so far I have cleaned up the seams where the rough metal was welded and painted a couple of coats of white over most of it .

No comments:

Post a Comment