egg cartons return again.....this time to make steps to lead to my french doors .I cut the bricks and layed them with PVA glue and gave the whole thing a coat of red oxide.
when the paint was dry I then drybrushed with yellow oxide and raw sienna .
when they had dried again I used grey grout and wiped it all over the surface making sure it settled in the mortar strips, waited five minutes then wiped the brick surfaces with a damp cloth.
So this is how they ended ...there is one more step attached to the house .....which I have finished cladding and painted . The window frames are in the process of being painted . Oops I need another 1000 shingles to finish the roof. So thats 2000 shingles and 12 sheets of cladding , 14 windows to paint and 2 external doors to paint .....lol why did I start such a big project .....I thought miniatures wouldnt take up much room ;)